Sunday 28 April 2013

A few of the reasons why I love Diouloulou

Hi everyone!
 
    As most of you know, our family has been in Dakar awaiting tests results and, praise the Lord, everyone is fine. Coming to Dakar also gives us another reason to eat ice cream. I am exited about being in Dakar, but I also want to get back to Diouloulou to see my friends. And while I am thinking about it, let me tell you about Diouloulou.

    To start off I love it. My friends, I love. The trees, I love. The market, I love. And to tell you the truth, I even love the apartment. But let me go into detail. My friends consist mostly of our next door neighbours, the Diattas. The running joke is that I have become part of their already big family.
 
     The trees I love. I love how the moon rises through the coconut trees and how the wind sings through the mango trees. There are so many trees to climb, but I like the cashew tree in our backyard best.

     Next, the market. The market is just a big plot of land with a bunch of people and stands. I always like looking at the different kinds of things that the people sell. I am always surprised at what they have.

     And finally, the apartment. To tell you the truth, I wish it was my house. Not necessarily the building, but the location. Since my neighbours are my best friends, it is cool to live by them.

1 comment:

  1. This is Shelby and Scarlet - we love reading your posts and seeing your videos. We miss you and are praying for you. Tell Hosanna we said hi, too! We would love to see a picture of your cashew tree that you like to climb. Love, Shelby and Scarlet

    ReplyDelete